Facebook fan page becomes one of the essential parts of digital marketing strategy. Now a day’s, all type of business from a small company to big enterprise have their Facebook fan page.
But, there are several cases where companies have two or more pages for same company or business. It certainly not good for your brand, because it can create confusion for your users.
With having several Facebook pages for the same brand will divide your audience and you will not get full leverage on Facebook. You need to spend more time for management and posting on these different pages.
So, it is a good idea to merge all your Facebook pages which represent the same brand, I will reduce your efforts for managing these pages.
This post will provide detailed guide and step by step procedure to merge Facebook pages. Please read each and every step very carefully, because once you initiated merging process, you can’t undo it, and Facebook may remove your page well.
Who Can Merge Facebook Page?
This is the most important thing for merging Facebook pages, According to Facebook guideline “To merge Facebook pages, you must be the administrator of both pages.”
This option is only available for Pages that represent the same thing and have similar names. If your Pages have physical locations, make sure the addresses are the same.’ and ‘If you don’t see the option to merge your Pages, it means that your Pages aren’t eligible to be merged. If you see the option to request to merge your Pages, your request will be reviewed by Facebook.
This is what Facebook Says…
If your Pages can be merged, the people who like your Pages and any check-ins will be combined, but posts, photos, reviews, ratings and the username will be deleted from the Page you merge. The Page you want to keep will remain unchanged, except for the addition of people who like the Page and check-ins that were merged from the other Page. The Page you don’t want to keep will be removed from Facebook, and you won’t be able to unmerge it.
Do following Things before Starting Merging Process
Never start Facebook merging immediately! Because merging page can’t be undone once the process is started. Take at least one week before starting final steps. Read each and every point related to merging, make your pages eligible for merging, find all pages which represent your business and claim these pages.
- The first thing you need to do that find all pages which represent your business by doing a Facebook search.
- Now check how many likes these pages have. If you want to merge these pages than you need to have admin access to these pages. To get admin access click here to claim these pages. Only merge those pages which have a good number of likes and audience.
- Change the name of one of the page and make it similar (As much possible as you can) to another one. Because only pages with a similar name can be merged.
- Update all other information like about, category, address, website, phone number and description (Make these similar to another page).
- Inform audience of both pages about your action (that you are going to merge these pages). You can do it by creating a post on both pages and pin that on top of both pages so that audience of both pages should be aware of your action.
- If both of your pages have very large number of likes then it is advisable that run a Facebook ad to inform your audience.
- You must note that page likes of merged pages will not be the sum of two pages (Total Likes = Likes of Page A + Likes of Page B). Because there is a possibility that one person may have liked both pages.
NOTE: As mentioned above that content which includes photos, reviews, ratings and the username will be lost for the merged page (Or page which have less number of likes). So you download it before starting merging.
Steps To Merge Facebook Pages
Start merging only when all above steps have been completed, it will help you to successfully merge Facebook pages. Follow given steps.
- Visit facebook.com/pages/merge.
- Verify your account by entering a password.
- Now select Facebook pages which you want to merge.
- Read guideline (Correct, if you missed anything) and click continue.
- It’s Done!
It looks like very simple process but actually, you will face several problems while doing it. Because most important guideline is that, pages which you are going to merge must represent the same business which means both pages must have same information such as name, description, contact info, website etc.
Peoples who want to merge Facebook page to just increase like and pages are not representing same business, should avoid this process. But, if they really want to it, then first update information of these pages and make it similar, then apply above written process. But chances of success is very less.
Please use the comment box to ask any question related to above topic, I will reply as soon as possible.
Suggestions: Use following tools for social media success
SocialPilot: Social media automation software
SocialQuant: To Increase Targetted twitter followers